The Brook Hospitals
Registered Nurse Supervisor
The Brook Hospitals KMI & Dupont
Since 1985 The Brook Hospital has been offering hope to individuals, families, and communities. The Brook offers two outstanding hospitals in Louisville, Kentucky, KMI & Dupont. The Brook is the leader in providing quality mental health and addiction treatment services. Our commitment to care includes developing integrated delivery systems through partnerships with medical surgical hospitals, community mental health centers, educational institutions, managed care organizations, local health professionals and agencies. The Brook Hospital will strive to set the standard for excellence in the field of behavioral health care and will maintain its leadership role by treating each patient as a respected individual of our community.
The Registered Nurse Supervisor/House Supervisor is:
- Responsible for administrative and clinical supervision of nursing staff.
- Has administrative responsibility for nursing and non-nursing staff assigned to evenings and weekends, as assigned by the Nurse Executive and Administration.
- Assures completion of paperwork by unit staff
- Provides follow-up evaluation on all variances/incidents that occur during working hours and forwards to Nurse Manager
- Makes frequent rounds to all units
- Utilizes supervision meetings to address own issues and seeks supervision, when necessary and appropriate
- Familiar with Nursing Department Standards of Practice and Standards of Care and utilizes these to make appropriate assignments of staff to deliver patient care
- Re-assigns staff to different units as patient acuity fluctuates
- Uses patient acuity to plan for on-coming shifts nursing staff needs
- Demonstrates an understanding of FTE calculations as they correspond to patient census and acuity. Adheres to department FTE grids as appropriate
- Authorizes replacement staff, keeps in mind unit activity, unit resources, or other units
- Assesses the learning needs of staff; recommends and/or provides appropriate staff development for evening and weekend staff
- Assists in providing nursing staff’s clinical orientation to include thorough orientation to all nursing units
- Assumes primary responsibility for the maintenance of a safe, secure, and orderly hospital environment on evenings and weekends
- Coordinates tornado/disaster evacuation plans, and notifies appropriate administrative personnel
The Brook Hospitals offer comprehensive benefits for the Registered Nurse Supervisor position, such as:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Comprehensive training & orientation
- Competitive Compensation & Sign-On Bonus
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities within UHS and it's Subsidiaries
- Current KY RN license in good standing
- Supervisory experience
- BSN degree preferred
- Current CPR
What do our current nurses value at The Brook Hospitals & UHS?
An environment that puts patient care first. One of the most rewarding aspects of working as a Registered Nurse (RN) is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to the patients and families you treat, at their most vulnerable times. Supportive and responsive leadership. You are never alone, as you are part of a large network of peer nurses and nursing leaders that routinely exchange ideas and review current topics within the industry. Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career. There are very robust continuing education options and opportunities for skills diversification and career advancement.
Weekends (Saturday & Sunday, 12 hour shifts, 7:45am-8:15pm)
Apply Today! Please apply with resume uploaded.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, our annual revenues were $10.77 billion in 2018. In 2020, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2019, ranked #293 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 327 behavioral health facilities, 40 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 37 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.