Mental Health Technician - 2nd Shift
Sorry, this job has expired.
The Brook Hospital KMI is seeking a Mental Health Associate to join our team.
As the Mental Health Associate you will:
• Serve as an active member of the clinical staff.
• Maintain a therapeutic relationship with all patients.
• Assist in maintenance of a safe, clean, therapeutic environment.
• Perform safety checks on patients and vital signs as ordered.
• Assure patient participation in program activities.
• Perform technical/patient care duties relative to patient’s health and safety.
• Must have basic knowledge of chemical dependency and psychiatric diagnoses treatment options.
• Know location and condition of all patients at all times
• Ensure proper hand off of clinical information
• Obtain specimens of urine when assigned and prepares them properly for transport to the lab
• Assist patients with personal hygiene as needed
• Use proper body mechanics when moving, transporting and/or lifting patients.
• Follow all guidelines when performing seclusion and restraint of patients.
• Manage group of patients in outside activities; i.e., A.T., outings, walks, meals, and study.
• Drive patient to outside appointments with appropriate driver training.
• Assist in management of behavior and control of destructive behavior per facility guidelines.
• Recognize signs of impaired social interaction and motivate patients toward desired cooperation.
• Teach alternatives to destructive behavior.
• Reinforce treatment plans and attend Treatment Team meetings.
• Ensure patient takes care of their physical surroundings.
• Assist packing and collection of all personal items at admission/discharge.
• Ensure skin assessment completed and contraband handled appropriately.
• Chart objectively in BIRP format maintaining the integrity and continuity of nursing care plans and treatment team plans.
• Ensure patient receives handbook and unit rules upon admission.
• Demonstrate understanding of physical, emotional, cultural, religious and psychosocial needs of patients across the life span.
• Identify, implement and document patient/family teaching.
• The hours for this position are 2nd shift, which is 3pm to 11pm. Second shift offers a shift differential of 12% above base pay.
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation’s largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory care centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
Since 1985 The Brook Hospital has been offering hope to individuals, families, and communities. The Brook offers two outstanding hospitals in Louisville, Kentucky, KMI & Dupont. The Brook is the leader in providing quality mental health and addiction treatment services. Our commitment to care includes developing integrated delivery systems through partnerships with medical surgical hospitals, community mental health centers, educational institutions, managed care organizations, local health professionals and agencies. The Brook Hospital will strive to set the standard for excellence in the field of behavioral health care and will maintain its leadership role by treating each patient as a respected individual of our community.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity.